The MU Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
is proud to announce the 10th annual Autism Conference
September 24-25, 2015
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Chesterfield, Missouri
This year's conference will feature keynote presentations by:
- Health Professionals
- Education Professionals
- Applied Behavior Analysts
This conference aims to educate and provide support for professionals who work with individuals with autism spectrum disorders, including Board Certified Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Applied Behavior Analysts, Social Workers, Educators, Nurses, Speech & Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and others interested in the field of autism spectrum disorders.
The conference upholds a commitment to sharing comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of assessment and intervention strategies supported by research. The conference will include a University of Missouri Thompson Center Meet and Greet, and sessions presented by regionally and nationally-recognized researchers and practitioners in the field of autism.
Conference Learning Objectives:
- to describe recent advances in the causes of autism and/or other developmental disorders,
- to describe recent advances in the treatments for autism and/or other developmental disorders,
- to show an increase in knowledge about specific assessments and/or treatments for autism and/or other neurodevelopmental disorders,
- to demonstrate a change in the use of current best practices or to report an intent to change practice,
- to increase knowledge about the practices of other disciplines involved in the care of children with autism and other developmental disorders, and
- to report an intent to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration and practices that promote positive patient outcomes.