Pre-registration for MELL is now closed. You can still register onsite at the conference registration desk. The desk is open on 11/18/14 from 5:30-7:00 pm and 11/19-20/14 from
7:00 am-3:30 pm. If you need to register before the conference, call us directly at 573-882-4349.
If you are having trouble viewing the MELL Program on an iPad,
it is because the flipbook uses Flash and you must use a Flash Browser to view it
or click here for a pdf version.
The 2014 MELL conference will be held at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center located in Hallmark's Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri on November 19-21, 2014. Driving directions can be found online at http://www.westincrowncenterkansascity.com/.
Full conference registration includes continental breakfast, lunch and breaks on Wednesday and Thursday and continental breakfast and break on Friday.
Conference participants are responsible for making their own lodging reservations. A block of rooms has been held for the nights of 11/18, 11/19, and 11/20.
The sleeping room rate is $109.00/night for singles or doubles plus tax plus $1.75 Kansas City Development fee. For calculations, the overall tax rate is 16.85%. Of that rate, the city tax rate is 7.5%. Mention tax exemption status when making the reservation. Guest check in is at 3:00pm.
To Make a Hotel Reservation:
Hotel reservations may be reached at Toll free: 1-888-627-8538 or online at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/MELL2014. When making hotel reservations, mention the Missouri Migrant Education and English Language Learning Annual Conference to be placed in our room block and receive special conference room rates. The room block for our group will be held until 5:00pm central time on October 21, 2014 for our room block. After the October 21st cutoff date, reservations will be accepted on a space and/or rate availability basis only.
Parking rates do apply.
- Overnight rates: Self-parking overnight $16/night; Valet Parking overnight $22/night;
- Daily rates: Early Bird Rate $9 if they are in before 10am & Out before Midnight. Valet Day parking is $11.00.
- Garage-30 min - $4.50, 1 hour - $6.50, $1.00 additional each hour and not to exceed $16. Validation available for 3 hours.
Conference Substitution/Cancellation Policies:
You must provide a written request to the MU Conference Office for substitutions or cancellations. Please contact Debbi Haskamp at (573) 882-4038 or email@example.com.
- Substitutions: If you are unable to attend and wish to send a substitute, your substitute will need to complete a new registration form indicating the substitution. Any substitutions received after November 14, 2014 will be processed on-site at the registration desk.
- Cancellations: A $50 fee will be applied to any cancellation received after October 17, 2014.
For further registration information or if you require auxiliary aids or services contact:
Erica Lovercamp with the MU Conference Office at (573) 882-4349, toll-free (866) 682-6663, FAX (573) 882-1953, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Missouri Regional Professional Development Centers
in cooperation with the MU Conference Office