Planning an event on campus? The MU conference Office can help with our “one-stop shop”to be sure no detail is left behind. If planning the event on your own - check out the information below to guarantee an extraordinary MU Campus experience for our visitors.
• The University of Missouri has on-campus housing during the summer. Space is limited and check for policies.
• Will a Room block required at local hotel
• Will Meals be in the campus dining halls? Will you need catering? Will you be serving alcohol (alcohol permit)
• The University of Missouri - Columbia has on-campus classrooms during inter-session, weekends and
evenings. Check for availability and reserve. Some buildings are preferred during weekends and after hours.
• Reservations of Computer Labs also need paw prints, account codes for printing, etc.
• Will you need Recreation Services - passes? Fields? Courts? Swimming Pool?
• Unique venues on campus include the Mizzou Arena/Clinton Club; Press Box, Peace Park, Lowry Mall,
Jesse Hall, Reynolds Alumni Center and the Memorial Union
Other Logistical Contacts
• Campus is a unique venue that contains many departments to help with your event as well as maintain
• Security - will you open buildings early or stay late?
• Trash Service - check schedules of buildings and outside areas for service and if you will need additional
• Insurance - is your group covered with organization insurance, do you have the written document
• Will you need radios to contact personnel in a variety of locations on campus
• Will you need additional tables, chairs or tents? Would you like them delivered and/or setup? Removal?
• Check schedule for heating and cooling of buildings during inter-session
• Check with Disability Services to be sure routes, buildings, services are conducive
• Will you need signage around campus?
• Check with campus facilities about construction projects, road closings and buildings/rooms being taken
• If using an outdoor facility check lawn mowing schedule
• The University provides (with a fee) insurance for campers. Medical facilities such as the Student Health
Center and the MU Hospital can be utilized.
On Campus Tours/Transportation
Click here for an Accessiblity Map
• Unique tours to consider for campus tours
• The MU Libraries
• The Art and Archaeology Museum
• Museum of Antropology
• Jefferson Memorial
• Chancellors Residence on Francis Quad
• Student Recreation Complex
• Explore the Botanical Gardens
• Invite Truman to your event
• Buck's Ice Cream Parlor
• Tours - Visitor Relations can give student led on Campus Tours of the University
• The Columbia Regional Airport has service to and from Kansas City.
• University Auto Leasing has vehicles and vans available for leasing to University Personnel
• School buses and coach busses are available for shuttle services and off-site tours
• Shuttle services from KCI and Lambert International airport is available through MoX
• Parking - There are metered visitor lots and levels in the parking garages as well as parking passes that
can be ordered for guests.
Please note that when school is in session the University is a CLOSED campus. Please send guests and visitors campus maps with notations on how to get around for the best experience.
Audio Visual Equipment
The University rents various audiovisual equipment to University Personnel as well as many of the rooms have technology support and capabilities.
These are only a few of the items that need to be considered when inviting guests to the University for an extraordinary event.
MU Conference Office 2016 © | 344 Hearnes Center | Columbia, Missouri 65211 | 573-882-4349 or 1-866-682-6663
University of Missouri Extension |