An important part of our charge—and passion—is Professional Development for Cooperative Extension System professionals. Their impact and credibility in their local communities comes from the communities’ trust that they are connected to the latest research-based knowledge, are informed about emerging technologies and are lifelong learners who can share current resources—like those on eXtension—to advance their communities’ understanding and success. Our 2016 National Conference offers a robust schedule of learning opportunities for participants from eXtension Foundation member and nonmember institutions and from nonprofit and private organizations. All potential registrants are invited to come learn from Extension, nonprofit, and other professionals representing a variety of innovative programming from around the country. From a wide array of excellent proposals, we have selected a diversified lineup of sessions that can benefit any Extension professional or community development professional—anywhere. Our lineup presents you with the best thinking of some of our best leaders and educators.
- This track offers education in a variety of formats beginning with traditional 1-Hour and 2-Hour Workshops
- Add to that Ignite sessions—5 minute/20 slide quick insights into innovation trends, emerging issues, or how to amplify impact through storytelling, measurement, and more
- And Knowledge Cafés—10 minutes in which the presenters introduce a topic on an emerging issue and tactics for addressing it followed by a 50-minute open discussion of the topic and participants’ sharing of their experience and advice
- Diverse session topics, representing the scope of activities and interests of Extension professionals, including innovation, emerging technologies, social media strategies, communications planning, community programming, networking, and more
- Presenters are peer educators, highly experienced at developing programs, working in Cooperative Extension Service communities and culture, and dynamic, expert communicators on their topics
- Handouts, networking, opportunities to meet i-Three Issue Corps members, “key informants” to the i-Three Issue Corps and other Extension professionals from across the country—plenty of time and takeaways to make the experience full of tips and strategies you can take home and use to increase your impact locally
- Opportunities to see the i-Three Issue Corp experience in progress and let them spark innovative ideas of your own for future development
There’s no better place to explore the past while preparing for the future than beautiful, gracious San Antonio—Deep in the Heart of Texas.